Becoming a Member
At Tapestry Community Church (TCC) we strive to be as biblical as possible. For that reason our requirements for church membership are minimal. However, we do take church membership seriously and believe it is a biblical requirement for all believers.
Importance of Church Membership
- To provide mutual encouragement and support to one another (Eph 5:19; Col 3:16; Heb 10:24-25; James 5:13-14)
- To assist the church in making important decisions (Prov 15:22; Acts 6:1-6; 13:1-3)
- To provide mutual accountability among the saints and between the leadership and the laity of the church (Matt 18:15-17; 1 Cor 5:1-8 cf. 2 Cor 2:5-8; Gal 6:1)
- To be under the care and protection of shepherds (Acts 20:28; Heb 13:17; 1 Pet 5:1-3)
- To enjoy the blessing of participating in the ministry of the church through mutual service to one another (Amos 3:3; John 13:12-17; Acts 15:36-40; 1 Pet 4:10)
Process for Church Membership
- Undergo baptism by immersion based on a credible profession of faith [If this has not already been previously done] (Acts 2:41; 8:35-39; 10:47-48; 16:14-15)
- Schedule a meeting with an elder who will inquire into the person’s profession of faith, baptism, and agreement with the basic tenets of our church (Acts 20:28; Heb 13:17)
- Attends a "new comers" class.
- Upon approval, the new member is announced to the church body during a Sunday morning worship service and welcomed into the fellowship
Responsibilities of Church Members
- Live a life commensurate with the gospel calling
- Submit to the authority and oversight of TCC
- Be faithful in all duties essential to the Christian life
- Regularly attend the services of TCC
- Give generously of their finances for the support and cause of TCC
- Share in the organized work of TCC
If you are interested in becoming a member of Tapestry Community Church, please contact Hexon Maldonado to schedule an interview at or (254) 433-8780.
For further information on the importance of church membership, click here.